Sunday, August 14, 2011

What a week!

One week down with my new schedule. Let’s just say it needs a little more tweaking! For the most part, the weekly and monthly schedules fell into place fairly easily. I completely forgot about couponing, so I wound up “stealing” the better share of a whole day doing both couponing and planning our shopping trip. So I’ll need to actually schedule both tasks, rather than leave that up to chance. (On a side note, my couponing this week actually cut my grocery bill by about 46%. Pretty excited to see the cupboards and freezer so full and know that a little research and planning really can go a long way!! Excited to do it all over again next time around!!)

Carpet cleaning was my quarterly task that was difficult to fully complete according to my schedule. I’m not sure if it’s the level of “clean” that we got the house in, my slowing-pregnant body, or my zealous methods (I run the carpet cleaner with just water after I shampoo so it takes 2x as long), but most likely a combination of the three. Regardless, I’ll make adjustments to compensate for these issues going forward.

On a more fun note, I picked up and pre-washed the fabric for the girls’ room curtains. Both panels are ready to sew. The curtains are fairly simple. I’m not using a pattern. But as I finish them up, I’ll post basic instructions and pictures on Sunday.

Until later,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas...