Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Starting School and Playing Catch-up

This week marks the start of another school year. Big Brother started 3rd grade on Monday, and while that has made running errands a slightly easier task (no one begging to be at home rather than running errands) it has really made for an interesting adjustment to my schedule. I wish I would have known before Thursday last week that I’d be getting up as early as I am!! Sissy’s schedule is equally as messed up, and since I’m not the type to engage in the Cry-it-out method, I have to work a little harder to get her into a new regular schedule. Because of the changes, my schedule was thrown a little out of whack, but I think with a little luck and a super-cooperative Sissy, I should be able to play catch-up with a few items that I should have done already this week.

I am in the process of creating instructions for the curtains that I have made for the girls’ room. So I’ll be adding that shortly. I’ve found all sorts of other craftsy things that I want to try out, but I MUST finish with our bedroom curtains first before I move on to other little projects. One thing I’d like to do is make a sample dress to try to convince hubby that I should make rather than buy a “one-wear-pregnant-ball dress”. I am having a hard time finding the look I want for a price I feel comfortable paying to only wear the dress one time! (Well, we’re assuming I’m only wearing it once!) I have no pattern for what I have in my head, but I think I can manage to combine the elements I’m envisioning from pieces in my current maternity wardrobe into a dress that will give me that super-pregnant-glow (although the whole pregnant thing will be hard to miss since I’ll be a few weeks shy of my due date by the time we get to this point!) YIKES!

Well, I’m off to conserve some energy by running a load of wash in the middle of the night!

Until Later,

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas...