Thursday, September 8, 2011

Back at it!!

Well, here I am again...it's been about two weeks since my last post. I'm not going to get all detailed and mushy about why I haven't posted. I'm just going to say that this pregnancy is definitely exhausting me and let's just say I'm getting to that point where I'm glad to know this part of the adventure is winding down, even though I still have the hardest part to get through yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to give a quick update. I've been experimenting with the various dusting techniques I listed in my post about dusting. I've come to the conclusion that regardless of which solution I use (which I haven't been able to try all of the yet) I have definitely converted to the inside-out sport sock as a rag! (I stole a pair of Big Brother's old soccer socks!) It just really seemed to suck up all the dust and since the inside was so fluffy it certainly didn't let any of the dust go. FABULOUS! It was amazing to me to look at my "problem furniture" and have it NOT look like I hadn't just dusted it!

On another note, I'm starting a new experiment. I love vinegar! It's such a helpful household tool! We have extremely hard water in our area and the water spots/hard water deposits drive me bonkers! I'm going to start my experiment in the bathroom showers. I've scrubbed the living day-lights out of them, and as the shower is used, I'm going to take a spray bottle of straight vinegar and spray the shower walls down after every couple of uses. I want to see if this will help cut the hard water deposits down. I've also heard/seen recommendations to soak paper towels in straight vinegar and place on sink fixtures prior to scrubbing them down as well, which will be my next trial if the shower sprays seem to help!

Anyway, I'm working on other sewing projects and a friend and I will be baking goodies and trying out candy recipes soon...very excited!! Will post more as we start our experiments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas...